Greencity Wholefoods Ltd - Glasgow
£11.25 per hour
4 Days per week, 30-33 Hours
We are looking for an exceptional Warehouse Operative to join our hardworking team.
Greencity is a workers cooperative, a wholesale business that is managed and run by its members, and we operate a flat pay structure, as all roles are valued equally. Our people are at the heart of everything we do, with an emphasis on work/life balance.
We offer an inclusive, non-hierarchical working environment, where decisions are made collectively.
Our aim is to provide excellent quality and ethically sourced products, where all parties benefit; the producer, the retailer, and their customers
Day to day tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Picking and moving stock, by hand and with heavy lifting equipment
- Building pallets quickly and securely for delivery
- Moving pallets safely, using hand truck
- Loading goods onto vehicles for delivery
- Receiving and unloading goods
- Check loads for damaged or missing items upon receipt
- Store received goods in the appropriate locations within the warehouse
- Observing and maintaining health and safety standards
- Working within a team and achieving daily targets
- Attention to detail when completing tasks and working to quality standards
- Play a part in maintaining a safe working environment
- Must be physically fit and able to list and move heavy loads
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined
- Have basic computer skills
Our benefits include:
- 32 days per year holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Profit related bonus
- Staff shopping discount
- Staff Meals
- Casual dress code
Equal Opportunity Statement
Greencity are committed to equality for everyone. We nurture a working environment in which all are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
Our selection for recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of age, colour, physical ability, ethnic origin, nationality, religion, gender, family status, marital status, pre-natal status, gender identity, or sexual orientation
Closing Date for applications is Friday 22nd September 2022.
To apply please send an up to date C.V to email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.