Part Time – 22 hours per week
(3 days from Monday to Friday)
Greencity Wholefoods Ltd - Glasgow
£10.70 per hour plus quarterly profit share bonus
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join our hardworking team.
Greencity is a workers cooperative, a wholesale business that is managed and run by its members, and we operate a flat pay structure, as all roles are valued equally. Our people are at the heart of everything we do, with an emphasis on work/life balance.
We offer an inclusive, non-hierarchical working environment, where decisions are made collectively.
When you join us, you will be a probationary member of Greencity, with the aim of becoming a Full Member and co-owner of the business.
Our aim is to provide excellent quality and ethically sourced products, where all parties benefit; the producer, the retailer, and their customers
You will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including
- Chasing overdue debt and new customer pre-payments
- Set up and monitoring of new customers
- Dealing promptly with customer account queries
- Taking card payments
- Allocation and reconciliation of payments to customer accounts
- Ordering stationery
You will occasionally assist with
- Input of supplier invoices
- Supplier payments
- Monthly payroll
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience at Finance Assistant level
- Ability to use IT systems efficiently and effectively (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of using accounting software (i.e., Sage 50)
- Ability to work with bespoke IT systems/ERP systems
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Relevant work experience in a similar organisation
- Working knowledge of Sage 50 Payroll
- Diligent with strong attention to detail
- Be enthusiastic, hard-working, discrete, trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work according to timescales
- Ability to take initiative, and ownership of tasks set
- Be equally comfortable working as part of a team as well as on an individual basis
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Have the flexibility and willingness to take on tasks as required, to meet the immediate needs of the team and the Co-op overall
Our benefits include:
- 32 days per year holiday pro rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Profit related bonus
- Staff shopping discount
- Staff Meal provision
- Casual dress code
Equal Opportunity Statement
Greencity are committed to equality for everyone. We nurture a working environment in which all are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
Our selection for recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of age, colour, physical ability, ethnic origin, nationality, religion, gender, family status, marital status, pre-natal status, gender re-assignment, or sexual orientation.
To apply, please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.